I wanted to get more organized with gaming so that I could enjoy all the new games, whilst not missing any new stuff. So I made a list of games I want to play in 2011.
- Dragon Age 2
- Crysis 2
- Mass Effect 2
- Diablo 3
- Infamous 2
- Fear 3
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- L.A. Noire
- Portal 2
- Resistance 3
- Uncharted 3
- Elder Scrolls 5
- Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
- Last Guardian
Now, as it is with list, it got me thinking. 17 Games * Rs. 2600 per game = Rs. 44200. WHAT! ok ok. what if I get them second-hand, that involves waiting for a couple of months 😦 17*1600 = Rs. 27200
So it was time to get smart. What i noticed was that only Infamous, Resistance, Uncharted and Last Guardian are PS3 exclusives. Others can be obtained for lesser ( ahem! ) 13*600 = Rs. 7800 ( approx. cost of a new PC game ).
Savings >= 20K-25K. So I got myself a new graphics card. A Sapphire Radeon HD4670 for Rs. 3642.
Why this you may ask. Well let me tell you.
- Old PC is shitty. shitty motherboard, shitty CPU. shitty RAM etc.
- most importantly shitty PSU. This card has one of the lowest power consumptions, doesn’t even need an external power input from PSU
- Many Many outputs. DVI/HDMI/VGA. And since I have a decent display, this is a plus. And when I decide to upgrade, this can become the home theater card.
- It is cheap.
- Anything better won’t fit my motherboard and I don’t want to be investing that much right now.
I must say, I am extremely happy with the card. 7900 would over heat like a mother, anytime anything was happening. But 4670 is cool all the time, I understand it not fair to compare technologies that are 10 years apart.
It doesn’t run the games at stellar graphics, with every thing at MAX, but I don’t really care. Bulletstorm was choppy but that is because of the cpu and harddisk more than the card. Dragon Age 2 is running perfectly at 1600×1200 with everything at HIGH!