I love America
Here is why
1. This is there president (left) and that is ours.
She doenst even pretent to have fun
2. This is what their media can do and this is what happens here if you post something on orkut in india. Well I guess freedom of speech and the constitution change definitions at the whims of you-know-who.
3. Their poll agenda includes flag-pins, gas prices, sex scandals, murder scandals, prostitution, bribery and corruptions. Oh wait, I think we don’t care about flag-pins but our politicians cover all the others. of course, over there since they have only two parties they can’t really base their poll propaganda on petty regional stuff ( and here we have some nice political parties, if i may, discovering new ways to make money.) Bah, both are bad but atleast with Jon Stewart ( http://www.thedailyshow.com ) and Stephen Colbert you can make fun of their election campaign.
4. Their petrol is $4.12/gallon == Rs 47.15/liter, ours is freakin’ Rs 58/liter.
5. Scenario: Jeffrey won’t be still in class, disrupts other students.
1973 – Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by Principal. Sits still in class.
2006 – Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability. ( for more ).
This would never happen in India, ok this is why i like India.
6. They have people like this
7. If you don’t agree with them, they will bring democracy to you and you will know you are free when they come ( your house would now be a crater from all the bombs, come on people ). Where as if our troops are fired on, on if we find not 1, not 2 but 22 + 16 +8 bombs are found / explode, what to we do ( we cry “Mommy, he broke my pencil :(( ” ?
8. They make movies like Apocalypse Now, we make movies like Love Story 2050 ( i barfed thinking about the name)
9. They have satirists like Steven Colbert ( ya ya i know i mentioned him twice ), we have Navjot Singh Sidhu ( quote: “The ball whizzes past like a bumblebee and the Indians are in the sea.“, he makes me sad).
Seriously, we need more funny characters like that in our govt. people are just loosing interest. Some humor might help and considering that Paresh Rawal movies make money, our sense of humor is about the same as a second grader. It won’t much to amuse us.